Like us on Facebook
Queensland’s big three — Johnathan Thurston, Cameron Smith and Billy Slater — have assured fans they will spearhead the Maroons until 2017.
Newcastle skipper Kurt Gidley is poised to announce he will end a decorated 15 year stint in the NRL at the end of this season to play out his career with English Super League club Warrington.
Korbin Sims has handed Mal Meninga a fresh resume for State of Origin, producing a standout 80 minute effort against the Queensland coach’s Papua New Guinea team.
Andrew Fifita is facing six weeks on the sidelines after being slugged with a grade three dangerous throw charge, while Tyson Frizell will miss two games with a careless high tackle charge.
He’s the emerging Canberra Raiders prop tagged the “Wrecking Ball” and rival NRL clubs are now circling after his reserve grade highlights went viral last week.
Adam Reynolds’s field goal attempt saw James Graham take out the half-back’s leg, resulting in a penalty enabling the Rabbitohs to steal the win. Was it the correct call though?
More News And Rumours
- Posted on May 3, 2015 | 12 CommentsRugby league’s oldest and most bitter rivalry has been reignited with speculation in recent days that the Roosters are close to securing a deal with boom Kangaroos winger Alex Johnston.
- Posted on May 3, 2015 | 7 CommentsDarius Boyd has assured Maroons coach Mal Meninga his rebuilt achilles tendon can handle Origin as Queensland’s greatest try-scorer prepares to make an early comeback with the Broncos.
- Posted on May 3, 2015 | 18 CommentsThe Raiders are close to signing Knights centre Joey Leilua for 2016 to compliment the purchase of five-eighth Aiden Seizer and soon to be announced signature of prop James Tamou.
- Posted on May 2, 2015 | 41 CommentsJames Maloney has welcomed the chance to go head to head with Josh Reynolds in a bid to win back the New South Wales State of Origin five-eighth jumper.
- Posted on May 2, 2015 | 7 CommentsEmerging Raiders prop Luke Page admits he's "starting to get impatient" as he awaits an NRL chance, but he's determined to use his international debut with PNG to prove he's ready.
- Posted on May 2, 2015 | 39 CommentsDavid Klemmer has been outed as the man to barge his way into a NSW Origin jersey this Sunday as eight forwards fight a Blues Royal Rumble.
- Posted on May 2, 2015 | 9 CommentsCanberra Raiders prop David Shillington insists he's not a spent force in the NRL, vowing to prove he's worthy of a recall when he makes his expected return from injury next weekend.
- Posted on May 1, 2015 | 66 CommentsAustralia's Anzac Test against New Zealand has officially been postponed until Sunday after Brisbane’s weather deluge forced a late cancellation to the rugby league international at Suncorp Stadium.
- Posted on May 1, 2015 | 19 CommentsThere is a new viral sensation sweeping social media and we thought it would be funny to see how our NRL players face up. The results are hilarious!
- Posted on May 1, 2015 | 9 CommentsRound 8 of the 2015 NRL season is completed and the updated Power Rankings are in! Who has been the most surprising and who has been the most disappointing so far?