Like us on Facebook
Centre Ngani Laumape’s hopes of lining up for the Warriors again this year have been dashed with confirmation today he needs another season-ending knee operation.
Blues enforcer Greg Bird could miss the first two State of Origin clashes after being charged for a dangerous throw which could see him banned for up to 8 weeks.
Blues great Brad Fittler has implored Blues selectors to take a punt on Blake Austin, declaring the Canberra five-eighth a potential State of Origin matchwinner.
Andrew Fifita is facing six weeks on the sidelines after being slugged with a grade three dangerous throw charge, while Tyson Frizell will miss two games with a careless high tackle charge.
He’s the emerging Canberra Raiders prop tagged the “Wrecking Ball” and rival NRL clubs are now circling after his reserve grade highlights went viral last week.
Adam Reynolds’s field goal attempt saw James Graham take out the half-back’s leg, resulting in a penalty enabling the Rabbitohs to steal the win. Was it the correct call though?
More News And Rumours
- Posted on May 4, 2015 | 13 CommentsAnthony Gelling could be the next player to make the switch from the Super League to the NRL with the Wigan centre in fine form for the Warriors this season and looking for a new challenge.
- Posted on May 4, 2015 | 27 CommentsQueensland coach Mal Meninga has given the best indication yet Josh McGuire will claim a Maroons debut by stating it is “nearly time” for the enforcer to get a coveted call up for Origin.
- Posted on May 4, 2015 | 15 CommentsBlues skipper Paul Gallen has backed himself to be fit for Origin I as he continues to battle a glute injury, but admits he’ll go into Game I having not played for seven weeks.
- Posted on May 3, 2015 | 37 CommentsBen Barba has been identified as a player of interest by union powerbrokers, who are in the process of assembling a team aiming for Rugby Sevens gold at Rio.
- Posted on May 3, 2015 | 38 CommentsQueensland's big three — Johnathan Thurston, Cameron Smith and Billy Slater — have assured fans they will spearhead the Maroons until 2017.
- Posted on May 3, 2015 | 18 CommentsNewcastle skipper Kurt Gidley is poised to announce he will end a decorated 15 year stint in the NRL at the end of this season to play out his career with English Super League club Warrington.
- Posted on May 3, 2015 | 5 CommentsKorbin Sims has handed Mal Meninga a fresh resume for State of Origin, producing a standout 80 minute effort against the Queensland coach’s Papua New Guinea team.
- Posted on May 3, 2015 | 21 CommentsRugby league’s oldest and most bitter rivalry has been reignited with speculation in recent days that the Roosters are close to securing a deal with boom Kangaroos winger Alex Johnston.
- Posted on May 3, 2015 | 9 CommentsDarius Boyd has assured Maroons coach Mal Meninga his rebuilt achilles tendon can handle Origin as Queensland’s greatest try-scorer prepares to make an early comeback with the Broncos.
- Posted on May 3, 2015 | 22 CommentsThe Raiders are close to signing Knights centre Joey Leilua for 2016 to compliment the purchase of five-eighth Aiden Seizer and soon to be announced signature of prop James Tamou.