Like us on Facebook
All 16 clubs have named their team lists for Round 9 of the 2015 NRL season. Not happy with the team picked? Why not play coach then and select who you think should be starting this week!
NSW are facing a genuine halves crisis, Sharks fans unhappy with Gallen and players pushing Origin claims during Pacific Tests. It’s all here in Dan Nicholl’s wrap of the past week.
Knights captain Kurt Gidley will depart the club at season’s end, signing a one-year contract (with the option of a second year) with the Warrington Wolves in the Super League.
Andrew Fifita is facing six weeks on the sidelines after being slugged with a grade three dangerous throw charge, while Tyson Frizell will miss two games with a careless high tackle charge.
He’s the emerging Canberra Raiders prop tagged the “Wrecking Ball” and rival NRL clubs are now circling after his reserve grade highlights went viral last week.
Adam Reynolds’s field goal attempt saw James Graham take out the half-back’s leg, resulting in a penalty enabling the Rabbitohs to steal the win. Was it the correct call though?
More News And Rumours
- Posted on May 5, 2015 | 10 CommentsThe Titans have decided to seek a downgrade of the grade two dangerous throw charge issued to Greg Bird for a tackle in Sunday’s Australia-New Zealand Test match.
- Posted on May 5, 2015 | 16 CommentsTest backrower Sam Thaiday is set to be rewarded with a new deal that will all but ensure he ends his career with the Brisbane Broncos.
- Posted on May 5, 2015 | 2 CommentsGold Coast Titans prop Agnatius Paasi is poised to earn a two-year contract extension amid uncertainty around the future of captain Nate Myles.
- Posted on May 5, 2015 | 31 CommentsTim Sheens may have coached his last senior game as Kangaroos officials ponder a plan to entice Craig Bellamy to Australia's top coaching job.
- Posted on May 4, 2015 | 4 CommentsThe Wests Tigers have announced that Tim Simona has sustained syndesmosis in his ankle and is expected to miss four weeks, with a scheduled return in Round 13.
- Posted on May 4, 2015 | 4 CommentsCentre Ngani Laumape’s hopes of lining up for the Warriors again this year have been dashed with confirmation today he needs another season-ending knee operation.
- Posted on May 4, 2015 | 34 CommentsBlues enforcer Greg Bird could miss the first two State of Origin clashes after being charged for a dangerous throw which could see him banned for up to 8 weeks.
- Posted on May 4, 2015 | 35 CommentsBlues great Brad Fittler has implored Blues selectors to take a punt on Blake Austin, declaring the Canberra five-eighth a potential State of Origin matchwinner.
- Posted on May 4, 2015 | 13 CommentsAnthony Gelling could be the next player to make the switch from the Super League to the NRL with the Wigan centre in fine form for the Warriors this season and looking for a new challenge.
- Posted on May 4, 2015 | 28 CommentsQueensland coach Mal Meninga has given the best indication yet Josh McGuire will claim a Maroons debut by stating it is “nearly time” for the enforcer to get a coveted call up for Origin.