Like us on Facebook
Foran set for more time on the sideline
Manly Sea Eagles five-eighth Kieran Foran will be sidelined for several weeks after suffering a hamstring injury early in New Zealand’s Test victory over Australia on Sunday.
NSW forward Greg Bird will not play in this year’s State of Origin series after copping an eight-match ban at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night.
In a huge blow ahead of the State of Origin period, North Queensland forward Scott Bolton has been ruled out for up to three months after cutting his hand in a freak fishing accident.
Robert Lui is up for sale with three Sydney-based NRL clubs expressing interest in the off-contract playmaker who is resigned to leaving the Cowboys.
Andrew Fifita is facing six weeks on the sidelines after being slugged with a grade three dangerous throw charge, while Tyson Frizell will miss two games with a careless high tackle charge.
He’s the emerging Canberra Raiders prop tagged the “Wrecking Ball” and rival NRL clubs are now circling after his reserve grade highlights went viral last week.
Adam Reynolds’s field goal attempt saw James Graham take out the half-back’s leg, resulting in a penalty enabling the Rabbitohs to steal the win. Was it the correct call though?
More News And Rumours
- Posted on May 6, 2015 | 34 CommentsManly have ramped up their pursuit of Nate Myles and Darcy Lussick — both close friends of Daly Cherry-Evans — as the NRL’s round 13 signing deadline continues to wreak havoc.
- Posted on May 5, 2015 | 30 CommentsThe St George Illawarra Dragons have terminated the contract of Dane Nielsen effective immediately for breaches of his obligations under his NRL Contract.
- Posted on May 5, 2015 | 48 CommentsAll 16 clubs have named their team lists for Round 9 of the 2015 NRL season. Not happy with the team picked? Why not play coach then and select who you think should be starting this week!
- Posted on May 5, 2015 | 49 CommentsNSW are facing a genuine halves crisis, Sharks fans unhappy with Gallen and players pushing Origin claims during Pacific Tests. It's all here in Dan Nicholl's wrap of the past week.
- Posted on May 5, 2015 | 9 CommentsKnights captain Kurt Gidley will depart the club at season’s end, signing a one-year contract (with the option of a second year) with the Warrington Wolves in the Super League.
- Posted on May 5, 2015 | 10 CommentsThe Titans have decided to seek a downgrade of the grade two dangerous throw charge issued to Greg Bird for a tackle in Sunday’s Australia-New Zealand Test match.
- Posted on May 5, 2015 | 16 CommentsTest backrower Sam Thaiday is set to be rewarded with a new deal that will all but ensure he ends his career with the Brisbane Broncos.
- Posted on May 5, 2015 | 2 CommentsGold Coast Titans prop Agnatius Paasi is poised to earn a two-year contract extension amid uncertainty around the future of captain Nate Myles.
- Posted on May 5, 2015 | 31 CommentsTim Sheens may have coached his last senior game as Kangaroos officials ponder a plan to entice Craig Bellamy to Australia's top coaching job.
- Posted on May 4, 2015 | 4 CommentsThe Wests Tigers have announced that Tim Simona has sustained syndesmosis in his ankle and is expected to miss four weeks, with a scheduled return in Round 13.