Like us on Facebook
Worried NRL players are asking to have the controversial Round 13 clause removed from contract negotiations, so worried are they about dealing with a saga like the one now engulfing Daly Cherry-Evans.
The Gold Coast’s decision to baulk at taking up Nate Myles’ contract option for next year could be the catalyst to them losing Daly Cherry-Evans and young half Kane Elgey as well.
Parramatta chief executive Scott Seward insists his club “isn’t nervous at all” about their deal with Kieran Foran – but still wants the contentious Round 13 transfer system scrapped.
Andrew Fifita is facing six weeks on the sidelines after being slugged with a grade three dangerous throw charge, while Tyson Frizell will miss two games with a careless high tackle charge.
He’s the emerging Canberra Raiders prop tagged the “Wrecking Ball” and rival NRL clubs are now circling after his reserve grade highlights went viral last week.
Adam Reynolds’s field goal attempt saw James Graham take out the half-back’s leg, resulting in a penalty enabling the Rabbitohs to steal the win. Was it the correct call though?
More News And Rumours
- Posted on April 17, 2015 | 43 CommentsRicky Stuart says he has complete trust Aidan Sezer will honour his three-year deal at the club, adding Daly Cherry-Evans' potential back-flip has not created any panic in Canberra.
- Posted on April 17, 2015 | 82 CommentsWith Andrew Johns and Johnathan Thurston both sitting on 249 games played, it's the perfect time to compare them side by side. Who is the better player?
- Posted on April 17, 2015 | 45 CommentsThe chances of Paul Gallen finishing his NRL career as a one-club man increased after his management and Cronulla officials held "positive" negotiations on Thursday.
- Posted on April 17, 2015 | 17 CommentsEngland international Sam Tomkins has rejected an offer from Warrington in order to return to Wigan on a four-year contract at the end of the current NRL campaign.
- Posted on April 16, 2015 | 100 CommentsManly star Daly Cherry-Evans is reportedly considering backing out of his four-year, multimillion deal to join the Gold Coast Titans next year.
- Posted on April 16, 2015 | 44 CommentsHere’s our previews and tips for all the Round 7 matches. Have you done your tips yet? Leave them in the comments below for those that are still deciding.
- Posted on April 16, 2015 | 9 CommentsWests Tigers have announced that Kevin Naiqama has today signed a two-year contract extension with the club through until the end of the 2017 season.
- Posted on April 16, 2015 | 11 CommentsSt Helens half-back Lance Hohaia has hinted he may return to the National Rugby League when his contract expires at the end of the season.
- Posted on April 16, 2015 | 21 CommentsA third-straight man-of-the-match performance from Johnathan Thurston in round six of the NRL still wasn't enough to snare him the top spot on the Dally M Medal leaderboard.
- Posted on April 16, 2015 | 14 CommentsCronulla Sharks chief executive Lyall Gorman will today finally and formally kickstart contract talks with off-contract skipper Paul Gallen and rising star Jack Bird.