As season 2017 draws closer, there’s a lot to be thought about ahead of the new year. Who’ll cause trouble, which recruit will reign supreme and who’ll throw 2017’s first punch? It’s all here in the first instalment of fifty fearless predictions for season 2017.
- First Coach Sacked: While club officials say he’s safe, Paul McGregor will be sacked before June 30 at the Dragons, with Ivan Cleary to take over the reins.
- Worst Value Recruit: Luke Keary will struggle with the Roosters as his kicking game is scrutinised, resulting in a bottom eight finish for the Roosters.
- Best Value Recruit: Josh Addo-Carr replaces Marika Koroibete in Melbourne’s backline, and will top the club’s try-scoring list in 2017, outscoring fellow rookie winner Suliasi Vunivalu.
- Worst Overall Recruit: Benji Marshall will be hardly spotted in first-grade, ending his glittering career in a fizzle. He narrowly beats Cameron McInnes, who will struggle along with the Dragon’s attack.
- Best Overall Recruit: Robbie Farah will combine with Adam Reynolds and Sam Burgess to lead South Sydney back to the finals in 2017, showing Jason Taylor what could have been.