As season 2017 draws closer, there’s a lot to be thought about ahead of the new year. Who’ll cause trouble, which recruit will reign supreme and who’ll throw 2017’s first punch? It’s all here in the first instalment of fifty fearless predictions for season 2017.
- Best Import: English import Dan Sarginson will thrive as the Titans left centre in 2017, proving English backs can handle the NRL.
- Second Season Syndrome: After a stellar debut season, Suliasi Vunivalu will have a much quieter 2017, being outscored by fellow Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr.
- Penthouse to the Outhouse: After being the only player to play every game for South Sydney in their premiership-winning 2014 season, prop Dave Tyrrell will play the entirety of the 2017 season in reserve grade.
- Shock Move: The Roosters will get their man, signing James Tedesco on a four-year deal, freeing up cap space for the Tigers to re-sign Mitch Moses, Luke Brooks and Aaron Woods.
- Coach of the Season: Anthony Griffin will be named the year’s best coach, taking the Panthers to 3rd place, along with a grand final berth.