As season 2017 draws closer, there’s a lot to be thought about ahead of the new year. Who’ll cause trouble, which recruit will reign supreme and who’ll throw 2017’s first punch? It’s all here in the first instalment of fifty fearless predictions for season 2017.
- Bringing Back The Biff: Jared Warea-Hargreaves will be the first to throw a punch next season, resulting in a suspension for the big Kiwi.
- On-Field Troublemaker: Jared Warea-Hargreaves will miss at least four games through suspension in 2017, with his discipline to be questioned throughout the season.
- Biggest Trouble Maker: While a few names can be tossed up, the Roosters hold the majority of them. Mitchell Pearce being spotted on the drink again will cause headlines, but it will be Paul Carter’s sacking from a third club in four years that will see him sit out a long portion of time.
- Headline Moment: Adam Reynold’s series-clinching field goal in State of Origin Game 3 will be the biggest moment of 2017, seeing the Blues claim a 2-1 series win with a one-point win in the third game.
- Worst Import: Canberra’s signing of St Helen’s centre Jordan Turner is a head scratcher, with a strong backline set to see him play reserve grade in 2017. After successful imports in Josh Hodgson and Elliot Whitehead, Ricky Stuart’s decision to sign Turner will go down as a blunder.