Here’s the second instalment of predictions heading into 2017, containing which club will rise, which club will fall, and which club will be walking away with NRL Telstra Premiership trophy next season.
- State of Origin debutants: Dylan Napa will fill the hole left by Corey Parker in the Maroons team, while Bryce Cartwright will finally earn a sky-blue jersey after being overlooked in 2016.
- State of Origin Winners: New South Wales will claim the series with one of their most competitive rosters ever. James Maloney and Adam Reynolds will steer NSW to a 2-1 series win, ending Thurston’s Origin career with a rare series loss.
- Top Point Scorer: Jarrod Croker has this award on lockdown for the next few years, with Canberra’s strong attack resulting in a lot of points for the Canberra captain.
- Top Try-Scorer: Next season will see a tie in the top try scorer race, with both Alex Johnston and David Mead notch 22 tries each in the regular season.
- World Cup’s Biggest Movers: After a relatively strong Four Nations, Scotland will surprise many to finish second in their pool, above both Samoa and Tonga.