Here’s the second instalment of predictions heading into 2017, containing which club will rise, which club will fall, and which club will be walking away with NRL Telstra Premiership trophy next season.
- Halfback of the Year: Jonathan Thurston will claw this award back from Cooper Cronk, leading his team to the Minor Premiership. Nathan Cleary will also be a contender, but won’t match the likes of JT this early in his career.
- Five-Eighth of the Year: Anthony Milford will take home Five-Eighth of the Year, outshining teammates Ben Hunt and Darius Boyd.
- Centre of the Year: Jack Bird will just beat out Jarrod Croker for Centre of the Year honours, earning a green and gold jersey.
- Winger of the Year: Corey Oates will backup his maiden Origin series by earning a spot in the Kangaroo’s World Cup squad in 2017 after a stellar season, along with this prestigious award.
- Fullback of the Year: Jarryd Hayne will shine next season after a full pre-season, returning to near peak form and creating a stellar combination with Ash Taylor.