The future of Newcastle Knights' Ken Sio looks set to be resolved as the club are ready to offer the winger a contract extension.
There was suggestions Sio would be forced out of the club after the Knights signed Cronulla winger Edrick Lee.
But Sio met with Knights recruitment boss Troy Pezet last Friday and was told he still has a future at the club.
"I caught up with Kenny Sio late last week for a chat and we will be making him an offer,” Pezet told the Newcastle Herald.
“He's a good pro Kenny. He’s a goal-kicker, a good finisher and a good fella and we'd like him to stay."
"He trains well, the boys like him and he is well respected right throughout the club so hopefully, we can get something done there.”
Sio was overlooked for the opening four NRL games this season, but returned to the starting lineup in round 5, as a replacement for Tautau Moga.
The winger played the final 20 games in the top grade and finished the season as the club's leading try-scorer and points scorer, with 12 tries and 98 points.