26. Any player who takes more than 20 seconds to exit the field once sin-binned should be sent off. The time tactic of walking off and sulking is horrible. Yes the clock is stopped by it’s bad sportsmanship at best.
29. If reports of Bryce Cartwright being shopped around are true, I’d be ok with my side offering a low ball contract. He obviously needs to sit out the rest of the season and get his body and mind right, but his talent is undeniable. He was an Origin certainty at one point.
30. Matty Johns’ show regular ‘the Professor’ is not funny.
31. Literally every time I’m happy with my Super Coach side, two or three players get injured. That said, I’m firmly in the finals race for all the Zero Tackle Leagues. Carn the Young Matt Moylans.
32. If I were building an NRL side from scratch, blank cheque book and contracts voided, the three names I’d be chasing are Ponga, Mitchell and Cleary.
33. If there is any chance of Marty Taupau being released from his contract early you’d have to think there would be 15 NRL sides interested. Very few could afford him mind you.
35. State of Origin player ratings are the greatest post-match tradition of all time. Want to upset 98% of social media? Give a player a 7.5 when he deserved an 8, sit back and enjoy.
36. The Raiders have come out in front in there decision to allow their starting, big money, props to walk away while signing Ryan Sutton. The Canberra side had to avoid tying up over a million dollars in two, small minute, props. Good move.
37. The penalty try rule is unrealistic. There is never a 100% chance that a player will score. In my view if it’s most likely going to be a try, that’s enough. That Origin call was 100% spot on. No way in the world you could say it was a 100% going to be a try though. Cordner had 10 metres to run. Although he 99% chance would have scored, who knows what could happen in that 10 metres. Strange rule.
38. Kicking games are hugely under rated by fans. There are so many talented halves out there without good kicking games. Without naming names, it makes a monster difference.
39. I wonder if Nathan Cleary has found a partner yet?
40. To those who questioned the decision to play Tyrone Peachy as a utility over another big minute forward; Turbo, Friz, and Cornder are all big minute players. Crichton too. Peach can play centre, halves, hooker or in the second row. Inspired selection.
41. To anyone who hasn’t, I cannot recommend enough a trip to Henson Park, North Sydney Oval or any of the old style suburban grounds. It’s a feeling you don’t get in the bigger, NRL grounds. Amazing stuff.
42. A beer at the footy should never cost over $6.
43. Anyone miss Monday night footy?
44. $160 for an NRL jersey sounds a little steep considering World Cup soccer jerseys are selling for $120. $40 doesn’t seem much but World Cup happens every four years, NRL sides change their strip every season. Pet hate of mine.
45. I’m all for more double headers. As events they’re massive. I’d love to see an all Western Sydney derby at ANZ Stadium one afternoon. Delicious.
46. How far into final’s footy do the Dragons need to go to shake the March premiers tag? They have a side that can genuinely take it out this season. Anything less than a grand final qualifier looks a let down from here.
47. It’s awesome to see the Warriors and Bunnies back playing good footy and winning. Hard not to have a soft spot for a side scoring long-range tries at will.
48. The Roosters are sitting pretty despite Cooper Cronk not playing well. Tedesco has hardly fired yet either. Yikes.
49. Can anyone, hand on heart, honestly say they saw the Cowboys in their current position?
50. Speaking of the Cowboys, will letting Ponga leave be this generation’s Dogs letting Thurston leave? That’s some rugby league irony right there.