The English Super League have announced their Dream Team for the 2018 season, with St Helens being the most represented club with seven players.
Ex-NRL player, and soon to be North Queensland Cowboy, Ben Barba is amongst the many St Helens players chosen for the team, alongside fellow Man of Steel nominee James Roby.
Other inclusions from the Saints include Tommy Makinson, Mark Percival, Jonny Lomax, Danny Richardson and Luke Thompson.
Wakefield is the next best represented club with centre Bill Tupou, forward Matty Ashurst and winger Tom Johnstone earning themselves a place in the dream team.
Wigan duo John Bateman and Sean O’Loughlin have been given a spot, as has Catalans captain Remi Casty.
O’Loughlin has been selected for the dream team for the seventh time in his career, while Casty’s strong performance leading the Dragons to Challenge Cup victory at Wembley in August justifies his place within the team.
A panel of rugby league journalists and broadcasts are the ones who select the Dream Team each year.
Barba, along with Roby and Bateman have also been nominated for the prestigious Steve Prescott Man of Steel award, with the winner being announced on October 8th.
It’s no wonder St Helens is the club with the most representatives in the team, as they won 26 out of 30 games in the regular season, finishing on top of the ladder, six points clear of second placed Wigan.
The Saints will host Warrington in their semi-final on Thursday, while Wigan takes on Castleford in the other semi final.
The winners of the two games will progress to the Super League Grand Final, which will be held on October 13th at Old Trafford.
Below is the full positional list of the Dream Team for 2018:
- Full-back: Ben Barba (St Helens)
- Wing: Tommy Makinson (St Helens)
- Centre: Mark Percival (St Helens)
- Centre: Bill Tupou (Wakefield Trinity)
- Wing: Tom Johnstone (Wakefield Trinity)
- Stand-off: Jonny Lomax (St Helens)
- Scrum-half: Danny Richardson (St Helens)
- Prop: Luke Thompson (St Helens)
- Hooker: James Roby (St Helens)
- Prop: Remi Casty (Catalans Dragons)
- Second row: John Bateman (Wigan Warriors)
- Second row: Matty Ashurst (Wakefield Trinity)
- Loose forward: Sean O’Loughlin (Wigan Warriors)