GOLD COAST, AUSTRALIA - APRIL 29: Ken Sio of the Knights looks dejected after losing the round nine NRL match between the Gold Coast Titans and the Newcastle Knights at Cbus Super Stadium on April 29, 2017 in Gold Coast, Australia. (Photo by Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images)

Newcastle winger Ken Sio could walk out of the club after rebuffing the Knights latest contract offer.

According to The Newcastle Herald, the Knights have offered Sio a deal valued at half of his previous deal.

Sio’s manager Sam Ayoub labelled the Knights offer as “pathetic”.

“We had an offer from them about two months ago and I’m telling you that it was pathetic,” Ayoub told The Newcastle Herald. 

“They basically offered him half of what he was on last season.

“When I met with them again a few weeks ago, I said to them all they needed to do was find an extra $20,000 to $30,000 and we could get it over the line because Kenny is keen to stay.

SEE ALSO:  Parramatta will not use new Western Sydney Stadium

“But I’ve heard nothing. No-one can make a decision up there.”

Sio scored 12 tries and 25 goals for the Knights last season.

Ayoub said two Super League clubs have shown interest in his client.

Sio previously played for the Hull Kingston Rovers for two seasons, before crossing to the Knights.

 

 

4 COMMENTS

  1. He’d be an absolute hit for the Wolfpack, but I think they’re more focused on their forward back, and he’s far better than Championship level. He’d be one of if not the best winger in the Super League. Maybe at leeds for the outbound Ryan Hall? I would have taken him at easts probably over Hall or Morris to be honest.