SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 28: NRL CEO Todd Greenberg speaks to the media about the NRL's Policy Change following the NRL Annual general Meeting at NRL HQ on February 28, 2019 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Mark Evans/Getty Images)

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg has signalled his intentions to deal with the latest lewd videos involving Penrith players by the end of this week.

The most recent videos follow the release of sex tape footage last week featuring Tyrone May.

Speaking after The Courier Mail season launch in Brisbane, Greenberg said the matter would be finalised by the end of this week.

“We are not going to sit on this for very long. We’ll just get to the bottom of it quickly and make an assessment,” he said.

“If it is stupidity and juvenile behaviour, we’ll deal with it with a sanction.

“I have spoken to our integrity unit who I understand are looking through it. We will deal with it as it is presented, and we will deal with it quickly.

“It is another reminder to players to be very careful, particularly when you are around videos and phones.”

Greenberg braces for the release of further footage, admitting he has heard “lots of rumour and innuendo” about past videos which may enter the public domain.

The NRL boss said that historical videos would be treated with the same rule as Dylan Napa’s case, who last week escaped a ban after Greenberg and the integrity unit ruled that any player filming, distributing or featuring in lewd videos recorded after March 1st 2019 would face lengthy suspensions.

SEE ALSO:  NRL.com unveils Speedster Team after Addo-Carr sets record

The decision was made amid fears that suspensions imposed on players for past footage would give incentive for the anonymous leaking of further videos.

“If we are dealing with historical considerations, we’ll deal with it like we did last week, just like we will do with this one,” Greenberg said.

“If they are time stamped beyond that period of time then the sanctions will be very different.”

The beginning of the NRL season can’t come quick enough for the beleaguered CEO after a historically scandalous off-season.

Round 1 begins with he Storm hosting the Broncos next Thursday 14th March.

1 COMMENT

Comments are closed.