Bellamy is currently weighing up his future, with a three-year, $1.7 million-per-season deal put forward to him by Melbourne, while Brisbane is hoping he takes over Bellamy’s top job at the end of 2019.
The Broncos still consider themselves a chance to land Bellamy, but are making contingency plans to bring in Seibold as Bennett’s successor.
And after defeating the Titans on Friday and cementing a position in the top four, the Rabbitohs’ head coach looms as an intriguing prospect.
Seibold worked under Bennett for three seasons at the Broncos and is an assistant coach for the Queensland State of Origin side. He is contracted to the Rabbitohs until the end of 2019.
Bellamy did not shed any light on his contract situation ahead of the Storm’s clash with the Broncos.
“Again, it’s ongoing,” Bellamy told The Sydney Morning Herald.
“Obviously, since the last time you asked me, it’s a little bit closer.
“I haven’t got too much to say. Most people are pretty much sick of hearing about it now but, as I say, it’s obviously getting a bit closer.
“Hopefully it will be done soon.”
Bellamy said there was no deadline set on a when a decision had to be made.
“If I had of, I would have made it by now, I would imagine,” he said.
“The clubs have been very understanding, really patient. I’ve had a chance to have a bit of a think about it last week with having the week off, but before that it was just [focus] on the footy. That’s probably the main reason.”
Asked if if it was a football of personal decision, Bellamy said “it’s always a bit of both. Without a doubt.”
Meanwhile, Bennett played down his latest coaching clash Bellamy.
“I am not battling with Craig – my battle is to get these blokes to play well,” Bennett told The Sydney Morning Herald.
“That’s not in my mind that the coaches are having a battle. We are not having one.”
Melbourne and Brisbane will meet at AAMI Park on Sunday at 4:10pm.