The New Zealand Warriors have provided some long-term stability in their halves by securing Chanel Harris-Tavita for an extra two seasons, keeping him in Auckland until the end of 2029.
Harris-Tavita has been a crucial member of the Warriors side this year following a horror run of injuries to their halves depth, allowing him to prove himself as the long-term five-eighth option alongside Tanah Boyd.
The Warriors half signed a 12-month extension in May, but has proven he is the right man for the long-term plans of the club, and inked a second contract within three months.
With Luke Metcalf and Te Maire Martin succumbing to hamstring injuries, and Boyd suffering an ACL rupture, Harris-Tavita has emerged as the key playmaker to take the Warriors to the promised land in 2026.
“Initially Chanel renewed for just the one season, but we couldn't be happier to have him with us for a longer term,” said Warriors general manager, recruitment, pathways and development Andrew McFadden.
“It secures his future and ensures he will continue to be a critical part of our plans for at least the next three seasons. He has worked so hard at improving his game and has become one of the game's most accomplished halves.”

Harris-Tavita has shown his worth in elite versatility when Metcalf was aided from the field following a nasty hamstring concern when kicking a conversion.
He stepped up as the chief playmaker when Metcalf was ruled out in the 20th minute and went on to lead the Warriors to a 40-6 win against the defending premiers on Saturday.
“We saw exactly why Chanel is so valuable to us on Saturday night, how calm he was and the way he stood up and took control when we were faced with adversity. He was really professional,” said Warriors head coach Andrew Webster.
“He's one of our most consistent players and is having a terrific season for us, leading our left edge. We're so glad he's staying for two more years, and we know he is going to become an even more important player for us.”
Harris-Tavita made his NRL debut in 2019, and has since played 112 more games in the top-grade.
He took a sabbatical in 2023 and went to travel the world before rekindling his love for rugby league, where he returned 12-months later for his second Warriors stint.
Since then he has emerged as one of the best five-eighths in the competition, and is currently in elite form as the Warriors sit at the pointy end of the ladder.
The 27-year-old's re-signing adds further conjecture to Jett Cleary's future at the club, with CODE Sports reporting last week of a release request to return to Australia.
Jett is the younger brother of Nathan Cleary, who has yet to make a decision on his long-term future and is set to go to the open market in three months' time for a 2028 contract.
Harris-Tavita is expected to be named at halfback on Tuesday afternoon for the Warriors' trip to face South Sydney at Accor Stadium on Saturday.























