Papua New Guinea has announced their squad for the upcoming World Cup Nines in Sydney on October 18-19, with a number of NRL players headlining their side.
Lachlan Lam, Bernard Lewis, Justin Olam, Daniel Russell and James Segeyaro are the five NRL players in the squad, with former Bulldogs forward Rhyse Martin (who currently plays for Leeds) also named.
The Kumuls are the first side to name their 16-man squad, with the tournament now just over two weeks away.
PNG are in Pool A alongside Australia, New Zealand and USA.
The PNG Kumuls 9s (in alphabetical order):
1. Stargroth Amean – Barrow Raiders
2. Watson Boas – Barrow Raiders
3. Edwin Epape – Wynnum Manly
4. Edene Gabbie – Wynnum Manly
5. Lachlan Lam – Sydney Roosters
6. Kyle Laybutt – Townsville Blackhawks
7. Bernard Lewis – Sydney Roosters
8. Garry Lo – PNG Hunters
9. Rhyse Martin – Leeds Rhinos
10. Justin Olam – Melbourne Storm
11. Nixon Putt – North Devils
12. Daniel Russell – Nth Qld Cowboys
13. James Segeyaro – Brisbane Broncos
14. Jedudiah Simbiken – Redcliffe Dolphins
15. Stanford Talita – Hela Wigmen
16. Terry Wapi – PNG Hunters