The Gold Coast Titans have released a statement regarding the future of Jarryd Hayne with the club after reports this morning that the star fullback wants to quit the club.
Hayne apparently wants to move back to Sydney to be closer to his daughter and sources have said that his manager is exploring all options to make it happen.
The statement by the Titans suggests that the club have had no discussions with Hayne or his management regarding him being released from the club and expect him to return in January for pre-season training.
Read the full statement below:
In response to extensive media reporting this morning, the club makes the following points:
1. Jarryd Hayne is contracted to the Titans for the 2018 season.
2. The Titans have not been in negotiation with any other club regarding the future of Jarryd Hayne.
3. There has been no application made for Jarryd to be released from his Titans contract.
4. It is the Titans expectation that Jarryd will return for pre season training after his World Cup commitments with Fiji, and his annual leave entitlements, have been completed.
5. The club will not be making any further comment on the matter unless any of the above circumstances unexpectedly change.