G'day, Clarkey here to answer all your questions for round 16! What a crazy round so far & we still have games remaining.
1. What would you think about State of Origin moved to a different time of year, as to not disrupt the club season so much? - David Smith
Dave, that is a very tough question. If the NRL did opt to change Origin to an end of season event, there would be huge backlash. I think at this stage it will never change. It sparks interest at the perfect time of year hence, raising television audiences. At the end of the day, the NRL is a business & operates to make profit.
2. If Shaun Johnson has a bad game for the Sharks against Melbourne, do you think the Sharks should drop him for Kyle Flanagan? - @jacob_thompson21717
Hey Jacob, I know I am writing this after that game, but Johnson will not be dropped from the Sharks. His contract value is simply too much to play for Newtown. Kyle Flanagan signing for the Sydney Roosters from 2020 onwards also hurts his cause. The club does not benefit by giving him more experience.
3. Do the Broncos have any chance of making finals? - @urquhart_callum
G'day Callum, I think they remain a chance. You can never write off the boys from Red Hill as history will show us. Despite this, I tipped them to miss the eight this pre-season & got ridiculed for it. I'm sticking strong with my prediction.
4. What is the NRL going to do about the consistent poor reffing. Costing club games, costing the game fans? - @naomilbherz
Hi mate, the NRL is literally the only professional sporting code in the entire world where we constantly blame the referees. It doesn't happen in the A-League, NBA or MLB. We need to get off this pattern or we avoid ruining the game & brainwashing the next generation of fans.
My solution is simple. A point based system with the same three people reviewing each game for consistency. Each error is worth a certain number of points & all data is logged. At the end of that season, each referee will know exactly where they need to improve.
5. What do you think will happen to Danny Levi following Jayden Brailey's signing? - @jordy.peters123
Hi Jordy, they Knights haven't officially signed him yet. The paperwork is ready to be sent to the NRL, but they need to clear salary cap space before the big boss will sign off on it. The Eels were interested in Levi earlier this year however, the emergence of Reed Mahoney has dwindled that interest.
I would say Robbie Farah retires at the end of 2019 & the Wests Tigers pick him up, at this stage.
6. Will Tim Mannah leave to go to Super League or retire? - @thomas04292
It looks like Mannah is content to play on however, clearly the NRL has passed him. I think he pursues one final contract in the UK.
7. DCE or Cordner to captain the Kangaroos? - @charlie.743
Hello Charlie, lock in Boyd Cordner as an absolute definite. Even if the Maroons were to win this year's Origin series, Cordner would have remained captain.
Thanks for your time today & hopefully you enjoyed some of my answers. I'm always available across social media under @clarkeys.nrl.column - If you have any other questions or would like to join 118,000 readers, please feel free! Cheers, Clarkey.