TOWNSVILLE, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 18: Patrick Kaufusi of the Cowboys is tackled by Dylan Walker of the Sea Eagles during the round three NRL match between the North Queensland Cowboys and the Manly Sea Eagles at 1300SMILES Stadium on March 18, 2017 in Townsville, Australia. (Photo by Ian Hitchcock/Getty Images)

The Melbourne Storm have all but confirmed the signing of Patrick Kaufusi from the North Queensland Cowboys for next season.

The Storm already have a Kaufusi on their books, with older brother Felise an integral part of their squads in 2017.

Felise re-signed with the Storm earlier this year until the end of 2019.

Older brother Antonio also played six seasons for the club, making his NRL debut for Melbourne in 2003.

The club can’t make an official announcement on their deal for Patrick until contracts have been officially lodged and registered with the NRL but Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy says the deal is very close.

“Felise’s younger brother has agreed to terms to come here next year,” Bellamy said.

“Basically we would have had the three of them, Antonio was here when I started so three of the brothers would have all played for Storm and the Cowboys.”

The Storm have been looking to boost their forward stocks for 2018 with Tohu Harris (Warriors) and Jordan McLean (Cowboys) leaving the club at the end of the season.

 

1 COMMENT

Comments are closed.