NEWCASTLE, AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 24: Jarryd Hayne of the Eels warms up during the NRL Trial Match between the Newcastle Knights and the Parramatta Eels at Maitland No 1 Showground on February 24, 2018 in Newcastle, Australia. (Photo by Tony Feder/Getty Images)

Police have captured CCTV footage of Jarryd Hayne drinking with former Parramatta teammates Brad Takairangi and Kaysa Pritchard.

They were in a western suburbs bowling club, just hours after he allegedly committed a sexual assault in September, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.

On the night of the grand final, Hayne was drinking with former teammates at the Merrylands Bowling Club around 3am.

There is no evidence of Takairangi and Pritchard being involved in the sexual assault or if they have any knowledge about the incident.

Once police found out that Hayne had been drinking at the club, the police have reportedly seized the CCTV footage.

No one has spoken to Takairangi and Pritchard yet but it is expected that the pair will get interviewed as part of the investigation.

Police have declined to comment but have confirmed that they had commenced inquiries into the amount of time the Hayne Plane spent at the club.

A Parramatta spokesman has refused to comment on the incident.

“The club and the players will not be making any public comment,” he said.

Hayne reported to Castle Police Station on Thursday for the second time since he has been released from bail. He was with close friend Ray Roumanous.
Roumanous has travelled with Hayne throughout his NFL journey as the pair lived together whilst Hayne prepared himself for a whole lot of NFL trials which then landed him a spot on San Francisco 49ers list.
But three years on, Hayne has been charged with sexual assault over an incident which occurred in the Hunter region. Police have reported that the NRL star was intoxicated when he made his way to a house north of Newcastle to meet the victim.
It is reported that Hayne bit the female on her genital region which caused severe bleeding which required her to seek medical help the next day.
When Hayne arrived to meet the woman, he allegedly asked the taxi driver to wait outside for him. The victim reportedly communicated with the fullback telling him her injury.
Hayne is facing strict bail conditions with the star having to report to police three times a week, as well as surrendering his passport and posting a $20,000 surety.
Hayne is yet to talk to Police as he prepares to fight this accusation. The charge seems to have ended his NRL career as the 30-year-old was out of contract with Parramatta at season’s end.
The Eels wanted to re-sign the former Australian representative but would need to free up salary cap. However, they have aborted their intentions to sign the former NSW player due to the allegation.
St George Illawarra has done the same as they were favorites to sign Hayne due to the need of a fullback following the departure of Nene Macdonald to North Queensland as well as Jason Nightingale’s retirement.
The Dragons have decided to pull out of the race after Hayne was charged.

Comments are closed.