The NSWRL has announced the 2019 Canterbury Cup NSW Team of the Year (TOTY).
The team of the year is chosen by expert media commentators and nswrl.com.au staff and recognises the most consistent players from NSW’s premier competition, which includes a combined total of seven players from last weekend’s grand finalists Newtown Jets and Wentworthville Magpies.
The Jets, who claimed the 2019 Canterbury Cup NSW premiership with a five-point triumph over the Magpies after finishing seventh, are represented by Grand Final Man of the Match William Kennedy, lock Billy Magoulias and replacements Jaimin Jolliffe and Scott Sorensen.
The Magpies are represented by winger Greg Leleisiuao and replacements Rhys Davies and Tim Mannah. Coach Rip Taylor was named Coach of the Year after his incredible performance to steer his side from eighth position into a spot in the Grand Final.
Canterbury Cup NSW Player of the Year and South Sydney captain Billy Britain was also named in the side, while minor premier St George Illawarra Dragons had four players selected in the team after they lost to the Jets in a Preliminary Final.
Canterbury Cup NSW Team of the Year
- William Kennedy (Newtown Jets)
- Mawene Hiroti (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
- Morgan Harper (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
- Tristan Sailor (St George Illawarra Dragons)
- Greg Leleisiuao (Wentworthville Magpies)
- Connor Tracey (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
- Adam Clune (St George Illawarra Dragons)
- Lachlan Timm (St George Illawarra Dragons)
- Billy Brittain (South Sydney Rabbitohs) (c)
- Max Bailey (North Sydney Bears)
- Jackson Ford (St George Illawarra Dragons)
- William Burns (Penrith Panthers)
- Billy Magoulias (Newtown Jets)
- Rhys Davies (Wentworthville Magpies)
- Jaimin Jolliffe (Newtown Jets)
- Tim Mannah (Wentworthville Magpies)
- Scott Sorenson (Newtown Jets)
Coach: Rip Taylor (Wentworthville Magpies)