Canberra’s Hudson Young faces one of the longest bans in NRL history for his alleged eye gouge on Warriors rookie Adam Pompey in Saturday night’s clash.
The Raiders forward was referred directly to the judiciary for the incident, with calls for him to miss for up to 20 weeks from two rugby league greats.
“He’s gone,” Brett Finch said on Fox League’s commentary.
“He’s got serious issues. He’s done it before and it’s absolute garbage.
“That’s rubbish, that’s not what our game is about.
“That is a disgraceful act. Look at the pressure on his eyes.
“That is terrible. He (Pompey) should react, he should put one straight on his chin.
“And this is a bloke who spent five weeks on the sideline?
“You can’t touch the eyes of an opposing player. He knows he’s done it, and he’s a repeat offender. It’s a disgrace.
“He’ll be disappointed, Ricky (Stuart). He doesn’t coach players who do that. That’s just crap. It’s really poor.”
Rugby league Immortal Andrew Johns echoed Finch’s thoughts on Channel 9.
“Fair dinkum, his next season will be over,” Johns said.
“He came back from five weeks, to do it again, you’re looking at 20 weeks or a season.”
Young already missed five games earlier in the season for making contact with the face of Canterbury’s Aiden Tolman.
It comes in the same week that South Sydney’s George Burgess is eligible to return from a nine-match ban for eye gouging Wests Tigers’ Robbie Farah.
Young’s previous offence means that if he is found guilty of eye gouging, he will receive an even greater penalty.
The 21-year old made his NRL debut in round three this season and has played in three games since returning from his suspension.