MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - MAY 19: Martin Taupau of the Manly Sea Eagles runs during the round 11 NRL match between the Melbourne Storm and the Manly Sea Eagles at AAMI Park on May 19, 2018 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Robert Prezioso/Getty Images)

Martin Taupau is expected to remain at the Manly Sea Eagles for the final two years of his contract, according to The Daily Telegraph.

It has been heavily suggested for months that Taupau would be leaving the Sea Eagles, with rumours abounding just last week that the prop had reached out to the Sydney Roosters.

But Manly chairman Scott Penn has emphatically denied any speculation that the representative wants to leave the club.

“It hasn’t even been discussed, so it is not on the radar,” Penn said.

“He has got another two years on his contract and the Roosters also haven’t spoken to him.”

Roosters coach Trent Robinson has also ruled out any chance of poaching Taupau.

“It’s wrong. It’s just not even close to even being true. At this point of the year, this sort of thing being tossed up, we’ve got our squad, we know what it looks like,“ Robinson told foxsports.com.

Manly finished their dreadful season on Sunday with a 48-16 loss against the Broncos, which was like Trent Barrett’s final game as head coach. It is understood that his assistant John Cartwright will take over for 2019 and beyond.

The Sea Eagles won just seven games this season and have finished in 15th position.

Comments are closed.