MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - APRIL 13: Billy Slater of the Storm passes the ball during the round six NRL match between the Melbourne Storm and the Newcastle Knights at AAMI Park on April 13, 2018 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Darrian Traynor/Getty Images)

Melbourne Storm’s Billy Slater is still yet to make a decision on whether he’ll extend his luxurious playing career on into 2019.

The champion fullback is off contract come seasons end, and after announcing his retirement from representative footy for Queensland and Australia, Slater is still making his mind up on whether he’ll continue playing on.

The 35-year-old told SEN Breakfast he’s not too sure on what to do.

“I haven’t made a decision about club level yet, I obviously retired from State of Origin and representative football this year, along with Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk did it last year, and Johnathan Thurston,” Slater said.

“We are sort of coming towards the end of our career, whether this is my last year, I haven’t made that decision just yet.”

Defying all odds to make an incredible return in season 2017 after years of being plagued by injury, Slater produced one of his best seasons yet which saw him win a premiership title and claim the Clive Churchill Medal, amongst other accolades in the year.

Currently sitting second on the all-time leading try scorers list, Slater could continue to add his record of amazing achievements in 2018 as the Storm sit on top of the NRL ladder and are pushing to become back-to-back premiers.

Slater previously stated he’ll make the decision regarding his body and whether he can give 100% to the Melbourne Storm to make it to an astonishing 17th season in the NRL.

“I’m feeling ok and hopefully I can get through a few more games and then I’ll make a decision on next year,” Slater said.

Comments are closed.