Incoming Brisbane Broncos coach Anthony Seibold has hit out at Wayne Bennett for the drawn out saga surrounding his future.
Bennett held a press conference on Friday to announce that he would be seeing out the final year of his deal at Red Hill, while the Broncos were intending to unveil Seibold as their new coach earlier in the day.
Seibold was told by Rabbitohs officials that the swap would happen immediately, and has felt frustrated after serving his dues as coach at the first month of pre-season amid the uncertainty.
The Sunday Telegraph obtained an email Seibold sent to Rabbitohs chief executive Blake Solly, detailing his annoyance.
“I’ve been sitting here for four weeks and feeling like a punching bag.
“It’s not acceptable and it’s not fair.”
The reigning coach of the year added that the saga had affected his family and personal life.
“I told my wife and three daughters we’re leaving. We’ve told the kids twice we’re moving and then twice that we’re staying. They’ve been in tears. We’re trying to sort out their schools. It’s really taking its toll on them.”
Seibold also whacked Bennett for “playing games” and contacting Souths players.
“He’s been ringing up the Souths boys but then tells his press conference he hasn’t spoken to anyone,” Seibold said.
“That’s absolute bulls**t.
“He’s rang Damien Cook, Alex Johnston, Sam Burgess. It’s all gone too far and has to be sorted out.”