Police could be set to push ahead with the assault charges against Manly center Dylan Walker.
Walker was charged with common assault occasioning actual bodily harm after an alleged incident with his partner, Alexandra Ivkovic.
Police have claimed that there is at least one witness and that Ivkovic had to be treated ny paramedics.
The police have taken out an apprehended violence order on behalf of Ivkovic. This states that he can’t assault, threaten, stalk, harass or intimidate her or damage property belonging to her.
The case has been adjourned until December 18.
According to The Daily Telegraph journalist Dean Richie, the police are interested in pressing ahead with the matter, despite Ivkovic keen to retract her statement.
“About three years ago they brought in this legislation that says we can now pursue a matter if we think something has happened,” Ritchie told Big Sports Breakfast on Wednesday morning.
“Previously, if a victim recanted then basically it was all bets off. Now they can pursue it.
“I know of a person who witnessed this, this person said it wasn’t great. He’s happy to be involved, he doesn’t want to speak to the media but he wants to push ahead.
“He said he was abused by Dylan Walker when he approached the situation.
“It’s an ugly situation. We haven’t heard the end of it. I still think the police will push ahead.’’