South Sydney have released a statement relating to an incident involving players earlier on this year.
A woman has alleged several high-profile players were involved with her in a Facebook video chat, before two of the Rabbitohs involved exposed themselves to the woman without her consent.
The incident happened after a win in Auckland against the Warriors in Round 12, and the woman then contacted one of the players through Instagram.
She told the Daily Telegraph one player repeatedly called her, despite saying she didn’t want to speak to them.
News Ltd understand some of the club’s big name players were involved, but chose not to name them.
A statement from the Rabbitohs can be seen below.
The South Sydney Rabbitohs will investigate claims in today’s media regarding alleged player behaviour in May this year.
A thorough investigation will be undertaken in conjunction, and in close co-operation, with the NRL’s Integrity Unit.
Since receiving contact details last night for the female involved, Rabbitohs officials have attempted to make contact via phone and email.
The Rabbitohs take any allegations of player misbehaviour very seriously and will not be making any further comment until the completion of the investigation.
Coach Anthony Seibold addressed the media on Friday morning, and said he’d rather speak about the club’s semi-final on Saturday night, although understands the story is of public interest.
“I would rather be talking about tomorrow night,” Seibold said.
“I appreciate the interest from the wider community around this.
“There’s an investigation under way and like everyone else I’m keen to see it play out and be resolved appropriately.”