Johnson addressed recent speculation on his official Facebook page on Monday, and suggested he’s currently looking around and surveying the open market for a deal that begins in 2020.
The 28-year-old released the following statement on his Facebook page:
After reading through a few of your comments on my last post I thought its best I clear a couple things up regarding my situation at this stage with the Warriors.
Prefer it come from my mouth so nothing can be twisted and portrayed differently.
Firstly there is no contract for me to sign past 2019.
Secondly if you saw the article that came out a few weeks back..In a round about way they said they are in no rush to re sign me. Since then they have told me again at this stage they wont be offering me anything.
That means I get to spread my wings and see what’s out there so right now that’s what I’m doing!
All of you know how much the warriors mean to me and how grateful I am for the opportunity they have given me to live my dreams and play the sport I love!
Hope that clears up any confusion..tell ya friends so i stop getting asked the same questions 🙄😂
No hate, all love as always ✌
Will keep you posted with what happens next..