Canberra’s Board of Directors have met regarding the immediate future of star fullback Jack Wighton, and have handed the 25-year-old a six-match suspension.
Wighton is set to front the Galambany Court on November 14, after last month pleading guilty to five charges of assault and one count of public urination.
Given Wighton has already missed two matches, he will miss another four before being available once more for selection in round 22.
Raiders Chairman Dr Allan Hawke told the club’s website the Raiders would continue to support the fullback, to best help him rehabilitate from the incident.
“We will continue to work with Jack to help him address the issues he’s facing, his welfare, his wellbeing and his rehabilitation,” Hawke told raiders.com.au.
“Jack has already taken some positive steps in this process and we will continue to ensure he’s doing everything he can to continue in this direction.
“We don’t condone Jack’s actions and we’ve been transparent and upfront during this whole process.
“Our Club has taken a strong stance on issues like this in the past and our track record on dealing with player behaviour is on the public record.
“After reviewing all of the facts surrounding this incident we firmly stand by our decision and the punishment handed down.”