After a very impressive performance against Tonga, let’s go over every Australian player and rate them on their performance.
Every Kangaroo aimed up and put the pride back into the jersey with a fantastic defensive effort against Tonga.
The forwards finally lifted and brought aggression into the game, something that was missing last week against New Zealand.
Have a look at the ratings bellow:
- James Tedesco: Had a hand in the first try setting up Trbojevic, took on the line excellently. Scored one of his own. Great man of the match performance. Rating: 9
- Valentine Holmes: Scored a ripper try in the first half when still needed to do a lot of work when Mitchell gave it to him. Rating 8
- Latrell Mitchell: Great running game, very powerful and pulled off some great hits in defense. Laid on a great try for Holmes. Rating 7
- Tom Trbojevic: Scored the second try running off Tedesco. He also sent Gagai into the clear who gave the ball back in side and he ran over for his second four-pointer. Rating 7.5
- Dane Gagai: Set up the try for Trbojevic and put a big hit on Fifita to force the ball loose. Rating 7
- Luke Keary: The Clive Churchill medalist didn’t have his best game tonight as his kicking game was poor. But he was involved in Tedesco try in giving him early ball. Rating: 6.5
- Daly Cherry- Evans: Scored the opening try, pouncing on a loose ball. Also dived on the ball off a Hingano grubber to relieve the pressure off his side. Ran the ball with class creating a excellent overlap for Trbojevic’s second try. Rating: 8.5
- David Klemmer: The big man showed great aggression making the most metres in the Kangaroos side with 110. Also defended well. Rating: 8
- Damian Cook: Not the best performance from Cook in terms of attack. But was good in defense making 43 tackles. Looked tried. Rating: 7
- Jordan McLean: Strong performance from McLean. He needed it. Rating: 7
- Boyd Cordner: Strong captain performance. Hard in defense, always running the ball hard poked his nose trough every-time. Rating: 8
- Felise Kaufusi: Pretty quite game but had good defense and held the ball up well to create the over-lap send Gagai away. Rating: 8
- Josh McGuire: Excellent performance from the Broncos’ work-horse. Had great defense making four tough tackles in the first set then a text book tackle on Fusitu’a to force a mistake in the second set. Rating: 9
- Ben Hunt: Another average performance. Had one good kick finding touch with 20 minutes to go. Rating: 6
- Jake Trbojevic: Great energy off the bench. Played his usual game pushing up the middle giving inside balls, good defense as well. Rating: 7.5
- Tyson Frizell: Tackling was excellent as always. Probably needed to run the ball a bit more as he only had five hit ups. Rating 7
- Aron Woods: No offence to Woodsy but i’m still shaking my head on why he was selected. Very average performance but he did have some strong defense. Rating: 6.5
Total Ratings: 127.5
Overall this was a very good performance from the new-look Kangaroos who really needed to stand up after last week’s disappointment.