The 29-year-old prop, make that ex-prop, will be a special guest at the Broncos team dinner before the big round 23 match against his former club North Queensland Cowboys in Townsville on August 12.
Tronc has been forced into premature retirement by a debilitating neck injury, his absence barely noticed as the young brigade of Broncos props have gone about their business.
“Shane made a great contribution in his short time here,” Broncos coach Anthony Griffin said yesterday.
“His experience would be handy. He had terrific ball skills and gained good ground in the middle.
“People forget he got straight off the plane from England last year and played for us that night against Canterbury in Sydney.
“It was a great effort, and he didn’t have to do it. We were down near the bottom of the ladder, but a couple of weeks later we were on a winning run, and he was part of that.”
Tronc, who played 109 NRL games for the Cowboys and 22 for Brisbane, did not return calls from The Courier-Mail’ yesterday.
“You’re a trillion to one to get him,” said his manager Wayne Beavis.
“He doesn’t enjoy publicity.”
The Broncos are happy he answered the phone in Wakefield last year.