Greg Inglis
Storm still an option

Greg Inglis has left the door open for a possible return to the Melbourne Storm as he prepares to come up against his former NRL club for the first time since his forced exit.

Inglis will make a timely return from injury for the Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium on Sunday to take on the Storm, after the Test centre’s release by the Melbourne club in the wake of last year’s salary cap scandal.

Admitting he had previously thought of himself as a one-club man with the Storm, Inglis said a return to the club after his three-year deal with the South Sydney Rabbitohs expired was a possibility.

SEE ALSO:  Asofa-Solomona close to contract extension

“It’s hard to tell,” he told reporters on Thursday.

“I’m here, I’m happy here, I’m here for three years so it’s nothing that I’ve thought about.

“But if the opportunity does come down the road, it depends who’s where and what and how I’m feeling.

“There’s no question mark over that. I probably would go back down there, but I’m happy here and I’m here for the long haul and we just have to wait and see.”

The 24-year-old was dubbed one of Melbourne’s “big four” as the $3.8 million rort unfolded and the futures of big money stars Inglis, Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk and Cameron Smith became clouded.

SEE ALSO:  Top 10 premiership winning teams since 2005

The quartet formed the backbone of the Storm’s two grand final wins, successes ultimately stripped as part of the penalties for the cap breaches.

Inglis said he had always believed he would be at the Storm for the length of his NRL career.

Read more at NRL.com