Brisbane Broncos prop Scott Anderson’s outstanding recent form has earned him a new two-year deal with the club and the 25-year-old shapes as one of the leaders of the pack against the Eels at Parramatta on Friday night.
Anderson, the player at the centre of the Dave Taylor dangerous throw controversy, has played 25 NRL matches for the Broncos since linking with the club from Melbourne last year.
The Tugun junior was reluctant to talk about Taylor’s tackle, which was made in the early stages of Souths’ 16-12 round 16 win over the Broncos at nib Stadium in Perth on Friday night.
Taylor faces a five-match ban as a result of the incident in which Anderson landed on the back of his neck. He was shaken at the time, but said afterwards he was not injured.
Now he is focused on helping a below-strength Broncos team return to the winners list against the Eels.
“It’s exciting to get another two years with the Broncos and the club is in such a good position at the moment. I’m really looking forward to it,” Anderson said.
“I’m really happy with my form and I’m playing more time than I’m used to as well. I’ve loved it back in Queensland, being close to my family (on the Gold Coast).”