Dragons five-eighth Gareth Widdop wants to return to England and play in the Super League one day but has denied it will be at the cost of cutting his contract with St George Illawarra short.
One of the Super League’s top playmakers, England halfback Richie Myler, is keen to test himself in the NRL next year with Manly a potential suitor.
Super League giants Leeds are making a play for St George Illawarra star Gareth Widdop as a replacement for rugby-bound veteran Kevin Sinfield.
Albert Kelly insists his focus is on helping Hull KR do well this season, but has refused to rule out a move back to the NRL for 2016.
The Canberra Raiders have announced the signing of English international Elliott Whitehead on a two-year deal from the beginning of the 2016 season.
Canberra Raiders prop Dane Tilse will depart the club after round seven this season, to take up a two-and-a-half year deal with Hull KR in the English Super League.
More News And Rumours
- Posted on March 28, 2015 | 8 CommentsSalford Red Devils owner Marwan Koukash has confirmed his interest in buying a share in Australian National Rugby League side Gold Coast Titans.
- Posted on March 28, 2015 | 15 CommentsReports from Down Under claim Sam Tomkins may be homesick and could be wanting to leave the New Zealand Warriors and return to Wigan Warriors next year.
- Posted on March 21, 2015 | 13 CommentsEnglish Super League club Hull Kingston Rovers have another big Canberra Raiders player in their sights, targeting former Australian Kangaroos prop David Shillington.
- Posted on March 20, 2015 | 29 CommentsHull KR coach Chris Chester expects Albert Kelly to see out his three-year contract, despite the half-back being linked with a return to the NRL with Manly Sea Eagles at the end of the season.
- Posted on March 15, 2015 | 29 CommentsOff contract at the end of the season, Paul Gallen is seriously weighing up a move to England, saying he doesn’t want to “regret” passing up the chance to play overseas.
- Posted on March 1, 2015 | 19 CommentsThe Warriors could find more fertile ground recruiting in the English Super League after missing out on NRL stars Jason Taumalolo and Kieran Foran last week.
- Posted on February 27, 2015 | 44 CommentsTwo former Gold Coast Titans, Ashley Harrison and Steve Michaels, have been charged over the cocaine crisis engulfing the NRL club.
- Posted on February 20, 2015 | 20 CommentsKurt Gidley comes off contract at the end of the season, and there has been speculation he plans to follow the lead of older brother Matt and play out his career in the English Super League.
- Posted on February 20, 2015 | 45 CommentsRoosters vice-captain Boyd Cordner has called on the NRL to re-register Todd Carney’s contract, insisting the former Shark has been unfairly treated by an inconsistent governing body.
- Posted on February 19, 2015 | 51 CommentsGareth Widdop grew up dreaming of playing in the Super League but the World Club Series match against Warrington may be as close as he gets to fulfilling his childhood ambition.