Despite being under contract with the Red Devils until the end of 2017, Salford are keen to dispense with the services of New Zealand international full-back Kevin Locke.
New Zealand Warriors prop Sam Rapira will be joining the Huddersfield Giants on a two-year deal from 2016.
After four years in the Super League, former Roosters, Dragons and Bulldogs prop Mickey Paea will make a return to the NRL in 2016.
South Sydney prop Tom Burgess admits he is keeping a close eye on Jarryd Hayne and would be keen to join him in the NFL but insists that’s not the reason he only signed a one-year extension.
Despite the denials of Hull KR coach Chris Chester, Albert Kelly has a get-out clause in his three-year contract should he get an offer to return to the NRL.
Dave Taylor could be heading to the Super League at the end of the year if Gold Coast officials have their way, with the club is keen to move the big bopper on.
More News And Rumours
- Posted on May 5, 2015 | 9 CommentsKnights captain Kurt Gidley will depart the club at season’s end, signing a one-year contract (with the option of a second year) with the Warrington Wolves in the Super League.
- Posted on May 4, 2015 | 13 CommentsAnthony Gelling could be the next player to make the switch from the Super League to the NRL with the Wigan centre in fine form for the Warriors this season and looking for a new challenge.
- Posted on May 3, 2015 | 19 CommentsNewcastle skipper Kurt Gidley is poised to announce he will end a decorated 15 year stint in the NRL at the end of this season to play out his career with English Super League club Warrington.
- Posted on May 1, 2015 | 18 CommentsSt Helens have announced that Shannon McDonnell will make an immediate return to the club until the end of the 2016 after being released from his contract with the Wests Tigers.
- Posted on April 22, 2015 | 21 CommentsSuper League powerbrokers are poised to agree to a new marquee signing allowance that will make it more attractive for the NRL's elite to head to England.
- Posted on April 21, 2015 | 15 CommentsNewcastle CEO Matt Gidley will sit down with brother Kurt and his manager George Mimis in the next fortnight to discuss the Knights captain’s playing future.
- Posted on April 16, 2015 | 12 CommentsSt Helens half-back Lance Hohaia has hinted he may return to the National Rugby League when his contract expires at the end of the season.
- Posted on April 14, 2015 | 10 CommentsDragons five-eighth Gareth Widdop wants to return to England and play in the Super League one day but has denied it will be at the cost of cutting his contract with St George Illawarra short.
- Posted on April 12, 2015 | 30 CommentsOne of the Super League's top playmakers, England halfback Richie Myler, is keen to test himself in the NRL next year with Manly a potential suitor.
- Posted on April 12, 2015 | 14 CommentsSuper League giants Leeds are making a play for St George Illawarra star Gareth Widdop as a replacement for rugby-bound veteran Kevin Sinfield.