Warriors may focus recruitment sights on England
The Warriors could find more fertile ground recruiting in the English Super League after missing out on NRL stars Jason Taumalolo and Kieran Foran last week.
Two former Gold Coast Titans, Ashley Harrison and Steve Michaels, have been charged over the cocaine crisis engulfing the NRL club.
Kurt Gidley comes off contract at the end of the season, and there has been speculation he plans to follow the lead of older brother Matt and play out his career in the English Super League.
Roosters vice-captain Boyd Cordner has called on the NRL to re-register Todd Carney’s contract, insisting the former Shark has been unfairly treated by an inconsistent governing body.
Gareth Widdop grew up dreaming of playing in the Super League but the World Club Series match against Warrington may be as close as he gets to fulfilling his childhood ambition.
There can be little doubt that the Bradford Bulls are one of the most iconic names in the Super League but that hasn’t changed the fact they are outside the top tier for the first time since the game was reconstructed in 1996.
Former Gold Coast wonderkid Jordan Rankin says he’s ready to return to the NRL after overcoming the mental weights which have bogged down his promising career.
More News And Rumours
- Posted on February 10, 2015 | 11 CommentsThe Brisbane Broncos have named an 18-man squad to travel to England for the World Club Series where they will face English grand finalists Wigan later in the month.
- Posted on February 10, 2015 | 30 CommentsBrisbane Broncos veteran Justin Hodges has revealed he wants to finish his career in the United Kingdom meaning he will play into his late 30s.
- Posted on February 9, 2015 | 30 CommentsA quick show of hands, who outside of fans of the Rabbits, Broncos and Dragons, has anything more than a passing interest in the expanded World Club Challenge series?
- Posted on February 7, 2015 | 11 CommentsThere are 11 players moving to the NRL from the Super League this year, with three of them English and the rest former NRL players returning down under. Will any of them make an impact?
- Posted on February 4, 2015 | 35 CommentsCronulla skipper Paul Gallen has declared his intention to call it quits at the Sharks after the 2016 season, revealing a desire to finish his career in the English Super League.
- Posted on January 26, 2015 | 33 CommentsOff contract Knights skipper Kurt Gidley says he will have “honest” discussions with club management before making a call on his future beyond 2015.
- Posted on January 25, 2015 | 47 CommentsBritish billionaire Marwan Koukash is behind an audacious bid to introduce an English club into an expanded NRL competition.
- Posted on January 24, 2015 | 16 CommentsThe Sydney Roosters have signed veteran forward Willie Manu to a one-year deal for the 2015 NRL season, adding to their already impressive forward pack.
- Posted on January 24, 2015 | 27 CommentsThe Penrith Panthers have named their 18-man squad that will travel to New Zealand for the second NRL Nines tournament.
- Posted on January 23, 2015 | 25 CommentsJoe Burgess has decided to leave the Wigan Warriors for Australia at the end of the 2015 Super League season after agreeing to join the Sydney Roosters.