Like us on Facebook
Second NRL team for NZ on the cards
Just a week after the Kiwis triumph over Australia in the Four Nations final, a bid for a second New Zealand NRL team based in Wellington has been officially launched.
Reni Maitua will return to Bulldogs training next month, the first indication that the Bulldogs forward will survive the axe following his involvement in a nightclub brawl last month.
The Rabbitohs are expected to tear up the contract of rising star Cody Walker if he’s found guilty in the latest example of a rugby league player charged with domestic assault.
The NRL’s transfer system has been further exposed with unwanted hooker Matt Srama contacting the Rugby League Players Association over a $200,000 contract dispute with the Titans.
Mitch Cornish says he’s relaxed, confident and determined to play for a new contract at the Canberra Raiders and – ideally – stay at the club for the rest of his NRL career.
Benji Marshall has backed Russell Packer to return next season, but even if Packer is not cleared to play, believes the Dragons still have the talent to make the finals.
The Dragons have tabled an offer to Trent Merrin, believed to be worth $1.8 million over three years, which would make him the highest paid forward in the club’s history.
More News And Rumours
- Posted on November 22, 2014 | 4 CommentsCanberra Raiders captain Terry Campese has almost certainly played his last game in lime green as Super League club Salford emerges as his likely destination for next year.
- Posted on November 22, 2014 | No CommentsHull Kingston Rovers have bolstered their front row for next season with the capture of experienced NRL prop Mitchell Allgood on a three-year contract.
- Posted on November 21, 2014 | 32 CommentsThe Brisbane Broncos have confirmed the signing of Origin and Test back Darius Boyd on a three-year contract which will see him join the club until the end of 2017.
- Posted on November 21, 2014 | 29 CommentsParramatta Eels winger Justin Hunt has been told he is free to look for a new club in 2015, with interest from a couple of NRL clubs and the English Super League.
- Posted on November 21, 2014 | 19 CommentsTo bridge the gap between the Four Nations and the NRL Nines, we have looked over the ins and outs of each team and have come up with THE key recruit for your club in 2015.
- Posted on November 21, 2014 | 12 CommentsFour Nations final Man of the Match Shaun Johnson is among six nominees for the 2014 Rugby League World Golden Boot. Who do you think should win it this year?
- Posted on November 21, 2014 | 48 CommentsSalary cap pressure and big offers could see Manly have to make a tough decision, Kieran Foran or Daly Cherry-Evans? If you could choose only one, who would it be?
- Posted on November 21, 2014 | 32 CommentsWayne Bennett has reignited calls for NRL transfer windows after labelling the current free-for-all system a lawless rort that is bad for the game.
- Posted on November 21, 2014 | 11 CommentsThe Canberra Raiders turned down an approach from the Sydney Roosters to release Glen Buttriss or Matt McIlwrick, despite having a surplus of hookers.
- Posted on November 20, 2014 | 35 CommentsSharks chairman Damian Keogh said reports were untrue that the club would offer $1 million a season for Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans, off contract at the end of 2015.